We’re keeping it green in your community.
The Green Plan
We love our residents, our community, and the environment. Through our energy-saving initiatives, we want to create a sustainable present for our residents with a focus towards the future.
It is surprising to learn how much water is consumed on a regular basis in the average household. Our efforts in water conservation are one of the many steps we are taking towards building a more sustainable community.
Reducing our carbon footprint is a key objective of Accora Village. In order for us to continue to make our community greener, we monitor our waste output and identify opportunities in areas that can be improved.
- With sophisticated energy meters installed in all of our suites, we can collect and analyze utility consumption to further decrease our usage.
- Our buildings are being retrofitted with energy-efficient windows that reduce air leakage and increase resident comfort and happiness.
- We have replaced more than 20,000 light fixtures with energy-efficient bulbs.
- On six of our townhome blocks, we have installed solar panels, which will produce over 70,000 kwh/year of clean electricity!
- In 2013, we installed a cutting-edge Ground Source Heat Pump in Cobalt, which has led to an 80% reduction in natural gas emissions and allowed for air conditioning to be featured in all suites.
- We’ve replaced existing fixtures with water-saving models, including low-flow faucets, showerheads, and toilets.
- All of our existing front-end load containers will be replaced with Earth Bins, keeping animals out and odors in, while still looking great (for a garbage bin).
- Our apartment buildings now feature tri-sorters, instead of traditional garbage chutes, which enable our residents to properly sort their waste by paper, plastic, and garbage. This has allowed our community to divert nearly 50% of our waste into recyclables.