Aquatic Program Supervisor (Summer Position)
Ferguslea Properties is the owner of Accora Village, Canada’s largest privately owned rental community. We are in the process of revitalizing our community that is comprised of over 2,400 homes, and over 8,000 residents to provide a best-in-class lifestyle for our customers.
As part of the Recreation and Leisure team, you will be responsible for the planning, administration, implementation and supervision of one of three recreation program streams in aquatics and community engagement programs.
The operational dates for this position will be from May 1st to September 3rd, 2018. This position is temporary full time.
- Overseeing the aquatics program
- Assisting with training of Summer Recreation and Leisure Team
- Planning and implementation of community engagement activities
- Ensure all aquatic programs are adequately supported and delivered in accordance to program plans and established quality standards
Qualifications and skill requirements:
- Minimum two-year’s experience as a lifeguard and instructor
- Demonstrated experience with one-year in similar function
- Strong interpersonal skills required
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- A passion for people and events
- Standard First Aid Certification
- Post-Secondary Education in Recreation and Leisure or Early Childhood Education or related field an asset.
- National Lifeguard Certification
- Red Cross Water Safety Instructor Certification
- Pool Operations Certificate or Experience and Aquatic Supervisor training an asset.
Ferguslea Properties Ltd. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Ferguslea Properties Ltd. is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.