Building Services Director
Reporting to the Senior Vice President, the Building Services Director performs a lead role in managing the implementation of all technical services programs, capital project work, major repairs, sustainability initiatives, and suite turnover programs for Accora Village. Building Services Director oversees and delivers critical path analysis of current projects timelines.
The Building Services Director oversees the building services team has the tools, resources, and communication channels to enable the delivery of exceptional product and amenities for our residents and to contribute to overall brand objectives. The Director will be expected to work cross functionally with the Senior Management team, particularly marketing, operations, and finance to initiate and execute on strategic priorities that focus on increasing asset value and profitability, improve customer experience, in line with organizations vision. The Director is a member of the Senior Management team.
The Building Services Director will bring the following:
- Post-secondary degree in Engineering, Architecture or related field
- 10 years’ experience in construction management, business operations or project management and 7 years’ supervisory experience (Direct residential or hospitality experiences considered an asset)
- Knowledge of building construction, operating systems & maintenance, building life safety systems.
- PMP Certification an asset.
- Knowledge of lean and quality, along with facility for development and execution of quality improvement plans.
- Experience with financial analysis, relevant industry legislation and solid understanding of current building construction management legal and regulatory practices.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to clearly and concisely communicate to internal teams & external stakeholders
- Strong computer skills, and ability to multitask.
- Strong operational management, project management, consulting, technology and process improvement skills
- Strong communication/presentation and negotiation skills
- Strategic thinker, extremely process-oriented
- Active participant in a hands-on environment
- Strong analytic and financial skills;
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills Ability to prioritize workload and handle competing priorities and deadlines
- Self-starter with the ability to independently start and complete projects and anticipate next steps
Ferguslea Properties Ltd. is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from all qualified candidates. Recruitment related accommodations will be provided upon request.
We review and assess all applications and will contact candidates whose background and experience most closely fit the needs of the position.