(Full Time – Live In)
Ferguslea Properties is the owner of Accora Village, Canada’s largest privately owned rental community located along the Ottawa river in Ottawa’s west end. We are in the process of revitalizing our community that is comprised of over 2,463 homes, and over 8,000 residents to provide a best in class lifestyle for our customers.
Reporting to the Property Manager, the Building Superintendent is responsible for the repairs, maintenance and cleanliness of assigned residential building(s) and the provision of excellent customer service to our residents.
To be successful in this role will require demonstrated experience and strong skills developed over 2 years in a similar role with the ability to work on a team, be organized and service oriented supporting the vision and direction of the organization.
- Perform the work outlined in the daily, weekly, monthly schedule in a manner that meets customer expectations and Accora Village standards.
- Ensure that assigned building(s) are maintained in pristine condition at all times. This includes all common areas, garbage rooms, exterior grounds, mechanical equipment and storage rooms.
- Maintain excellent customer service as a priority and complete customer service calls in a manner that exceeds customer expectations and is in line with the company standards.
- Take initiative and report to the Property Manager in a timely manner any customer and contractor issues or building deficiencies.
- Perform service work that is requested by the Property Manager.
- Maintain and promote health and safety within the buildings and adhere to policies and procedures regarding workplace safety.
- Identify and address immediately with your supervisor any health and safety deficiencies.
- Maintain team positive relations with others
- Participate in training programs as requested or required
- Understand and implement green initiatives.
- On-call rotation is required.
- High school diploma
- Previous experience in basic plumbing, electrical, carpentry, cleaning and maintenance rooms.