Camp Counselor Summer Contract
Ferguslea Properties is the owner of Accora Village, Canada’s largest privately owned rental community. We are in the process of revitalizing our community that is comprised of over 2,400 homes, and over 8,000 residents to provide a best-in-class lifestyle for our customers. We are hiring talented, highly energetic Camp Counsellors for our Summer Adventure Camp.
At Accora Village, we offer a great working environment for camp counsellors who are fun-loving, patient and genuinely concerned for the welfare and development of youth in our community. If you are passionate, driven and seeking to make an impact in a leadership role, this is the right opportunity for you!
Summer Camps will run as two week sessions from June 18 to August 24, 2018. This position is temporary full-time. Youth will range from 6-15 years of age.
Reporting to the Recreation Coordinator, you will play an integral part in delivering high-quality experiences to help foster connections for our residents within the Accora Village community. You will act as a role model, instilling our campers with skills and confidence through our two-week session camps that will include a mix of outdoor play, sports, games, swimming and adventure!
Qualifications and skill requirements:
- Strong customer service skills;
- Exemplary communication, organization and leadership skills;
- Ability to work well with a team and communicate goals effectively;
- Previous work experience with youth in a camp or recreation setting;
- Lifesaving Standard First Aid with CPR-C;
- Multilingual Oral Fluency is considered and asset;
- Post-secondary education with experience teaching, recreation programs, or social work is preferred
Ferguslea Properties Ltd. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Ferguslea Properties Ltd. is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.