Ferguslea Properties is the owner of Accora Village, Canada’s largest privately owned rental community. We are in the process of revitalizing our community that is comprised of over 2,400 homes, and over 8,000 residents to provide a best-in-class lifestyle for our customers.
The Construction Manager will be overseeing and directing service work and construction projects from conception to completion as part of our suite turnover process, working in a dynamic, high performance work environment. The Construction Manager is responsible for planning, coordinating, and implementing construction work for all turn over projects in accordance with the Master Schedule. The Manager develops and maintains resource loaded project schedules for multiple projects in project management platform and has the key responsibility to work closely with the construction service team and contractors to enable the delivery of quality product outcomes and features for our residents.
The Construction Manager will bring the following:
- A university degree or diploma in construction management, architectural technology or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience working in the construction industry
- Minimum 2 years’ experience providing oversight to construction teams, preferably in the multi residential rental sector
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of projects. Knowledge of Yardi Voyager considered an asset and will be required for the role
- Project planning and scheduling experience and strong understanding of the value of project pre-planning and ability to identify risk
- Ability to work in a process oriented, structured work environment;
- Analytical, problem solving, and decision making skills with ability to multitask and hold both yourself and others accountable to those same standards
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills with a commitment to promoting strong communication with all levels of staff, clients and vendors
- Knowledge of relevant industry legislation and solid understanding of current building construction codes along with legal and regulatory practices
Your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the requirements. We thank all those who apply. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
If you have a disability which requires an accommodation during any stage of our recruitment process, please let us know how we can assist you.
At Ferguslea Properties Ltd. and Accora Village, our people are our greatest asset.
Given our commitment to employee development, employees enjoy a long and satisfying career at Ferguslea Properties Ltd and Accora Village in an environment that values their contributions, rewards them properly, and is absolutely committed to their safety and wellbeing.
We have Great Perks • Comprehensive Group Health Insurance plan • Health/ Wellness initiatives • Paid Sick Days • Employee Assistance Program • Performance Bonus • Education Reimbursement • Community Involvement Activities • Employee of the Month awards • Group RRSP with Company Matching • Training Opportunities • And More!
We welcome your interest in joining the Ferguslea Properties Ltd. and Accora Village family.