IT Help Desk Technician
Ferguslea Properties is the owner of Accora Village, Canada’s largest privately owned rental community. We are in the process of revitalizing our community that is comprised of over 2,400 homes, and over 8,000 residents to provide a best-in-class lifestyle for our customers.
We are seeking a motivated and innovative IT Help Desk Support to join our IT department for a 3 month contract.
The IT Help Desk Technician provides efficient and effective support and problem-solving service for internal users in order to maintain a productive working environment. This role is ideal for a quality focused IT Helpdesk or 1st line Technical Support enthusiast, who is looking to challenge their skills in a growing business.
- Provide front line end-user support to employees for both hardware and software issues via telephone, e-mail or web for remote assistance in a timely manner
- Manage service tickets from inception to resolution; providing timely and accurate updates
- Escalate incidents to appropriate third-party service provider or client contact when appropriate
- Ensure effective use of time management and organizational skills to balance workload and priorities
- Follow ticket management policies, procedures and best practices
- Troubleshooting of application and desktop level technologies, with focus on iOS and Mac OS
- Assist in identifying trends in user reported issues and developing solutions for common problems.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
Qualifications and skill requirements:
- Post-secondary education in computer science or equivalent work experience in IT
- Deep knowledge and experience of Apple hardware and software required
- 3 years supporting Mac OS and iOS to end users
- An understanding of troubleshooting theory with the ability to work least-to-most invasive
- Ability to quickly learn technical concepts and systems
- True customer focus, with a powerful drive to provide exceptional experiences
- Understanding of enterprise architecture and IT systems
- Excellent organizational skills, able to track and balance tasks and resources across multiple projects
- Strong communication skills, ability to adapt communication between a highly technical and non-technical audience
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with a strong focus on team success
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced startup environment
- Self-starter with a passion for the latest tech and IT
Ferguslea Properties Ltd. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Ferguslea Properties Ltd. is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted