Lifeguard Summer Contract
Ferguslea Properties is the owner of Accora Village, Canada’s largest privately owned rental community. We are in the process of revitalizing our community that is comprised of over 2,400 homes, and over 8,000 residents to provide a best-in-class lifestyle for our customers.
Reporting to the Recreation & Leisure Manager, the Lifeguard leads in effectively running the pool facility, programs, maintenance and general safety of the pool. The Lifeguards ensures the policies and program procedures are delivered in accordance with Ferguslea health and safety standards. The Lifeguard drives a standard of excellence for exemplary customer service and client satisfaction.
We are currently seeking to fill temporary full time lifeguard positions for the following dates:
- May 18 to September 3, 2018
- June 18 to September 3, 2018
General maintenance of the pool, public change rooms, staff change rooms, first aid station and lifeguard office. The Lifeguard maintains a professional appearance and wears the designated uniform while on duty. The Lifeguard attends team meetings, in-service training sessions and clinics as required. The Lifeguard performs other duties as assigned by the Recreation & Leisure Manager.
The Lifeguard promote safe swimming habits, behaviours and enforces the pool rules. The Lifeguard performs rescues and first-aid throughout the facility as required. The Lifeguard initiate emergency response procedures including incident reporting as required.
The Lifeguard ensures that all lifesaving equipment is functional and easily accessible. The Lifeguard reports known and potential hazards to the management for immediate action. The Lifeguard is responsible for conducting admission standard swim testing.
The Lifeguard receives and responds to feedback from the public and staff. The Lifeguard is responsible for assisting with public interaction and education regarding rules, hours and programs, daily and weekly checklists, recording pool test results and bather load numbers and completing instructional administrative tasks. The Lifeguard regularly participates in community events.
Qualifications and skill requirements:
- Post-secondary degree
- 2 years’ experience as a Lifeguard, Swim Instructor or related position
- Demonstrated interpersonal and diplomacy skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Superior customer service skills
- Enthusiasm and passion for people with a focus on customer service
- Demonstrated creative problem solving and ability to maintain a high level of leadership skills
- Flexible and highly organized with superior conflict resolution skills
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Certified Lifeguard with valid first aid certification and experience in lifesaving and water safety
Ferguslea Properties Ltd. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Ferguslea Properties Ltd. is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
People Focused. Results Driven. Customer First.