Ferguslea Properties is the owner of Accora Village, Canada’s largest privately owned rental community. We are in the process of revitalizing our community that is comprised of over 2,400 homes, and over 8,000 residents to provide a best-in-class lifestyle for our customers.
Reporting to the Senior Maintenance Manager, the Maintenance Technician facilitates and supports the activities of the other Maintenance Department staff by providing information regarding units and the overall property and will make recommendations and suggestions to management, office staff and other workers as required. The Maintenance Technician will work an on-call rotation. They will undertake repairs to Accora Village properties as assigned and perform the regular maintenance of equipment and systems.
The Maintenance Technician will bring the following:
- Secondary School Diploma –or Equivalent
- 5 years of relevant experience with property maintenance, or equivalent demonstrated work experience is expected (demonstrated general maintenance skills, carpentry, cabinetry, plumbing, electrical and mechanical, as well as troubleshooting and on call experience)
- Trade certification in a relevant field is an asset
- Experience and formal training combined with demonstrated performance and ability may substitute for stipulated academic requirements
- Must be able to work and problem solve in a variety of adverse conditions
- History of continuous updating of job knowledge especially with respect to code changes and technological advancement, for building systems and construction methods through workshops, conferences, seminars, self-study
- Valid Ontario Class G Driver’s License and reliable vehicle
- Reasonable fluency in written and verbal English. Other language skills are an asset
Your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the requirements.
We thank all those who apply. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
If you have a disability which requires an accommodation during any stage of our recruitment process, please let us know how we can assist you.
At Ferguslea Properties Ltd. and Accora Village, our people are our greatest asset. Given our commitment to employee development, employees enjoy a long and satisfying career at Ferguslea Properties Ltd. and Accora Village in an environment that values their contributions, rewards them properly, and is absolutely committed to their safety and wellbeing.
We have Great Perks • Health/ Wellness initiatives • Paid Sick Days • Employee Assistance Program • Community Involvement Activities • Employee of the Month awards • Training Opportunities • And More!
We welcome your interest in joining the Ferguslea Properties Ltd. and Accora Village family.
People Focused. Results Driven. Customer First.