Ferguslea Properties is the owner of Accora Village, Canada’s largest privately owned rental community. We are in the process of revitalizing our community that is comprised of over 2,400 homes, and over 8,000 residents to provide a best-in-class lifestyle for our customers.
Ferguslea Properties is seeking a highly motivated individual to fill the role of Building Superintendent. This position is live-out.
Reporting to the Property Manager, the Building Superintendent is responsible for the repairs, maintenance and cleanliness of assigned residential building(s) and the provision of excellent customer service to our residents. To be successful in this role will require demonstrated experience and strong skills developed over 2 years in a similar role with the ability to work on a team, be organized and service oriented supporting the vision and direction of the organization.
- Perform the work outlined in the daily, weekly, monthly schedule in a manner that meets customer expectations and Accora Village standards.
- Ensure that assigned building(s) are maintained in pristine condition at all times. This includes all common areas, garbage rooms, exterior grounds, mechanical equipment and storage rooms.
- Maintain excellent customer service as a priority and complete customer service calls in a manner that exceeds customer expectations and is in line with the company standards.
- Take initiative and report to the Property Manager in a timely manner any customer and contractor issues or building deficiencies.
- Perform service work that is requested by the Property Manager.
- Maintain and promote health and safety within the buildings and adhere to policies and procedures regarding workplace safety.
- Identify and address immediately with your supervisor any health and safety deficiencies.
- Maintain team positive relations with others
- Participate in training programs as requested or required
- Understand and implement green initiatives.
- On-call rotation is required.
- High school diploma
- Strong customer service skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Strong computer skills
- Previous experience in basic plumbing, electrical, carpentry, cleaning and maintenance rooms.
Your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the requirements.
We thank all those who apply. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
If you have a disability which requires an accommodation during any stage of our recruitment process, please let us know how we can assist you.
At Ferguslea Properties Ltd. and Accora Village, our people are our greatest asset. Given our commitment to employee development, employees enjoy a long and satisfying career at Ferguslea Properties Ltd. and Accora Village in an environment that values their contributions, rewards them properly, and is absolutely committed to their safety and wellbeing.
We have Great Perks • Comprehensive Group Health Insurance plan • Health/ Wellness initiatives • Paid Sick Days • Employee Assistance Program • Performance Bonus • Education Reimbursement • Community Involvement Activities • Employee of the Month awards • Group RRSP with Company Matching • Training Opportunities • And More!
We welcome your interest in joining the Ferguslea Properties Ltd. and Accora Village family.
People Focused. Results Driven. Customer First.