March 25, 2020
At Accora Village, we value our residents, their health, and wellbeing.
We know you are concerned about the COVID-19 pandemic and any implications it might have on your life. Please know we are doing everything in our power to support you during these unprecedented times.
In an effort to assist you, we have compiled below important information about rent payments, government programs and assistance, and Accora Village service updates.
While you are expected to pay your rent on or before the first day of every month, we recognize that you may face unexpected financial difficulties over the coming period. As such, we have updated our processes as well as sought guidance from various levels of government as to how best to support our residents during this period of uncertainty.
First, Accora Village will be postponing all rent increases effective immediately. If you have a rent increase that was due to start on April 1 or later, we will be removing the increase from your rent charge until further notice.
Second, if you have concerns about an upcoming rent payment due to employment changes or a job loss, please email us at [email protected] or call 613-416-1529. A member of our team will contact you so we can work together to find a solution.
Last, please note rent can be paid via RENTCafé, Pre-authorized payment, Online Banking, or Cheque (cheques may be delivered to the drop box outside the Leasing Office at the Accora Centre or the Cheque Box in the lobby of your building).
Government Programs and Assistance
The Government of Canada has recently announced a number of programs and funding for Canadians impacted by COVID-19.
Employment Insurance Sickness Benefits
- Provides up to 15 weeks of financial assistance if you cannot work for medical reasons. You could receive 55% of your earnings up to a maximum of $573 a week.
Emergency Care Benefit
- Provides up to $900 every two weeks for up to 15 weeks, to those affected by COVID-19
- Available to workers, including self-employed, who are quarantined or sick with COVID-19, those staying home to take care of a family member with COVID-19 who doesn’t qualify or parents staying home to care for children because of school closures.
- A one-time special payment in May of $400 for individuals and $600 for couples.
Canada Child Benefit
- An increase of $300 per child as part of their May payment.
More information and on how to apply for these benefits can be found at www.canada.ca
Accora Village Services
Digital Resident Communications
- Please ensure we have your up-to-date email address on file, so we can keep you posted of important updates in the coming weeks. Please email your details to [email protected].
Special Needs List
- Do you require special assistance or additional support from a member of the Accora Village team? Contact [email protected] to register.
- An important part of ensuring the safety and security of our residents is for our technicians to continue to complete all tasks within this program, which includes fire systems testing. We apologize for any disturbance this may cause.
- Please note our maintenance technicians, who are taking extra precautions, are on-call for essential service requests only. Service requests can be made via RENTCafé, 613-366-5020 or [email protected].
We remain committed to the safety and well-being of each of you and our wonderful community here at Accora Village. For more information on how to keep you and your family safe during this crisis, please refer to www.ottawapublichealth.ca.
As members of Accora Village, we are all in this together. We thank you for continuing to live at Accora Village. We wish you and your family the best during the coming weeks and months.
Should you have any other questions or concerns, please contact us at [email protected] or 613-416-1529. Thank you.
President, Ferguslea Properties Limited
March 20, 2020
Accora Village continues to closely follow developments regarding coronavirus (COVID-19) through Ottawa Public Health and the Public Health Agency of Canada. Residents are encouraged to monitor these sites to stay informed on COVID-19 updates, instructions and support mechanisms.
ACCORA VILLAGE UPDATES
Accora Centre – Closed
Resident Services Centre – Closed
- Essential service requests can be made via our website, RENTCafé, phone 613-366-5020, or by email [email protected].
Leasing Office – By appointment only
Building Cleaning, Staffing and Maintenance
- The use of hospital grade, broad spectrum disinfectant continues to be used to sanitize all shared areas of the community including the lobbies, mailrooms, laundry rooms, corridors, elevators and other high touchpoints.
- Hand sanitizer stations have been installed in the lobbies of all apartment buildings.
- Non-urgent home inspections and repair work has been suspended.
- Essential service requests will continue as usual.
- Take extra care not to flush bulky or sticky items down the toilet – Please do not flush disinfectant wipes or sanitary pads. They should be disposed of in the garbage.
COVID-19 IMPORTANT INFORMATION
- Ottawa Public Health
- Public Health Agency of Canada
- Ontario Public Health – COVID-19 Self-Assessment Tool
- Ottawa Public Health – How to protect yourself and your family
- Ontario Public Health Information Line: 1-866-797-0000
Public Health Requests
- Wash your hands with soap and water, for at least 20 seconds
- If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer (we have installed sanitizing stations in the lobbies of all apartment buildings)
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands
- Cover your coughs and sneezes with a tissue or your arm, not your hand
- Stay home if you are sick
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces
- Avoid visiting people in hospitals or long-term care centres if you are sick
- Social distancing and self-isolation
Dealing with symptoms or exposure
- Residents should self-isolate and call the Ontario Public Health Information Line: 1-866-797-0000.
- If you experience significant respiratory difficulties, go to the most convenient hospital Emergency Department, or call 911.
At Accora Village, our first priority continues to be a safe, clean and healthy living environment for all our residents, employees and the greater Accora Village community.
Should you have any questions or concerns, please contact us at [email protected]. You can also follow Accora Village on Facebook for regular COVID-19 updates and other content.
We would like to thank you for your patience and understanding during this challenging time. We will continue to provide you with regular updates and information as they become available.
Accora Village Management Team
March 13, 2020
At Accora Village, we are closely following developments regarding coronavirus (COVID-19) through the Public Health Agency of Canada and Ottawa Public Health.
To ensure the health and safety of our residents, staff, and the greater Accora Village community, we have decided to proactively close the Accora Centre effective 6 p.m., Friday, March 13, 2020.
Closed until further notice.
Resident Services Centre – Closed until further notice.
Essential service requests are still being accepted through our website, by phone, or by email. Non-essential service requests will be triaged based on importance and will be dealt with at a later date.
All service requests should be sent via email [email protected]/~accoravillage,
telephone 613-366-5020, RENTCafé or via www.seoplushost.com/~accoravillage
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Please know our main concern is always the health and safety of everyone in the Accora Village community.
We will provide residents with updates when they become available and we will do everything in our power to re-open the Accora Centre as soon as possible.
Refunds will be provided for all camps and Platinum membership fees for the gym closure. Those effected will receive an email from the Recreation team with more details. The annual maintenance of the Accora Centre will be continuing as planned in the pool and gymnasium.
Should you have any questions or concerns, please contact us at [email protected]/~accoravillage.
Accora Village Management Team