March 20, 2020 COVID-19 Updates
March 20, 2020
Accora Village continues to closely follow developments regarding coronavirus (COVID-19) through Ottawa Public Health and the Public Health Agency of Canada. Residents are encouraged to monitor these sites to stay informed on COVID-19 updates, instructions and support mechanisms.
ACCORA VILLAGE UPDATES
Accora Centre – Closed
Resident Services Centre – Closed
- Essential service requests can be made via our website, RENTCafé, phone 613-366-5020, or by email [email protected].
Leasing Office – By appointment only
Building Cleaning, Staffing and Maintenance
- The use of hospital grade, broad spectrum disinfectant continues to be used to sanitize all shared areas of the community including the lobbies, mailrooms, laundry rooms, corridors, elevators and other high touchpoints.
- Hand sanitizer stations have been installed in the lobbies of all apartment buildings.
- Non-urgent home inspections and repair work has been suspended.
- Essential service requests will continue as usual.
- Take extra care not to flush bulky or sticky items down the toilet – Please do not flush disinfectant wipes or sanitary pads. They should be disposed of in the garbage.
COVID-19 IMPORTANT INFORMATION
- Ottawa Public Health
- Public Health Agency of Canada
- Ontario Public Health – COVID-19 Self-Assessment Tool
- Ottawa Public Health – How to protect yourself and your family
- Ontario Public Health Information Line: 1-866-797-0000
Public Health Requests
- Wash your hands with soap and water, for at least 20 seconds
- If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer (we have installed sanitizing stations in the lobbies of all apartment buildings)
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands
- Cover your coughs and sneezes with a tissue or your arm, not your hand
- Stay home if you are sick
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces
- Avoid visiting people in hospitals or long-term care centres if you are sick
- Social distancing and self-isolation
Dealing with symptoms or exposure
- Residents should self-isolate and call the Ontario Public Health Information Line: 1-866-797-0000.
- If you experience significant respiratory difficulties, go to the most convenient hospital Emergency Department, or call 911.
At Accora Village, our first priority continues to be a safe, clean and healthy living environment for all our residents, employees and the greater Accora Village community.
Should you have any questions or concerns, please contact us at [email protected]. You can also follow Accora Village on Facebook for regular COVID-19 updates and other content.
We would like to thank you for your patience and understanding during this challenging time. We will continue to provide you with regular updates and information as they become available.
Accora Village Management Team