Masks in Public Spaces
Ottawa Public Health has advised that all members of the public are required to wear a mask while in enclosed public spaces.
We encourage you and your guests to wear masks in all our public spaces to continue to protect your health and that of your neighbours. Masks are mandatory for all our employees and contractors while working in any of our buildings.
Public spaces in our residential buildings include:
- Office spaces
- Laundry rooms
- Garbage rooms
- Parking garages
Masks are also mandatory in our Recreation Centre and any office spaces. Failure to wear a mask in these spaces will result in being asked to leave the premises.
However, there are some exceptions, masks should not be placed on:
- Children under two years of age
- Children under the age of five years who refuse to wear a mask and cannot be persuaded to do so by their caregiver
- Individuals with medical conditions rendering them unable to safely wear a mask, including breathing difficulties or cognitive difficulties
- Anyone who is unable to remove the mask without help
- Anyone who is unconscious or incapacitated
- Those who are deaf or hard of hearing may need a mask wearer to remove their mask to speak to them so that they can read the mask wearer’s lips. In this case, we remind people that it is important to maintain safe physical distancing of 2 metres.
We also encourage all residents to continue to take other steps to protect yourself and others from COVID-19, including:
- Staying home as much as possible
- Avoiding groups of people and crowded spaces
- Maintaining physical distance (six feet) whenever possible
- Washing your hands frequently with soap and water, or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer
- When coughing or sneezing, covering your mouth and nose with tissues or your sleeve (at the inside of your elbow), and wash your hands immediately afterward
For additional information, please visit Ottawa Public Health here.
We thank you for your continued effort to fight COVID–19 and for keeping our community healthy.
Your Accora Village Management Team