Recreation Facilitator- Summer Contract
Ferguslea Properties is the proud owner and operator of Accora Village, Canada’s largest privately owned rental community. Accora Village is comprised of over 2,400 homes and over 9,000 residents in the west-end of Ottawa. The community is 150 acres of tree lined streets, ideal for people interested in an active and healthy lifestyle.
Ferguslea Properties is committed to providing our residents and community with a best-in-class experience.
Reporting to the Recreation & Leisure Manager, the Recreation Facilitator supports the planning and delivery of recreation programs, services and events. The Recreation Facilitator will organize and deliver events for evenings and weekends for a variety of age groups. The Facilitator will ensure programs and services are delivered in accordance with Ferguslea policies, procedures and health and safety standards. The Facilitator drives a standard of excellence for exemplary customer service and client satisfaction.
This is a temporary position, beginning in spring and transitioning from part-time to full time during Summer Camp programs. Summer Camps will run as week long sessions from July 2nd to August 30th, 2019.
The Recreation Facilitator will bring the following:
- Post-secondary education in Recreation, Social Work, Early Child Education, or other related field of study
- Demonstrated interpersonal and diplomacy skills
- Ability to organize and facilitate community outreach events of all ages is a strong asset
- Previous experience in event planning and coordination would be considered an asset
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Weekend and evening availability is mandatory
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Enthusiasm and passion for people with a focus on customer service
- Demonstrated creative problem solving and ability to maintain a high level of leadership skills
- Flexible and highly organized with superior conflict resolution skills
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- First Aid and CPR certification
Your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the requirements. We thank all those who apply. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
If you have a disability which requires an accommodation during any stage of our recruitment process, please let us know how we can assist you.
At Ferguslea Properties and Accora Village, our people are our greatest asset.
Given our commitment to employee development, employees enjoy a long and satisfying career at Ferguslea Properties and Accora Village in an environment that values their contributions, rewards them properly, and is absolutely committed to their safety and wellbeing.
We have Great Perks • Health/ Wellness initiatives • Employee Assistance Program • Community Involvement Activities • Employee of the Month awards • Training Opportunities • And More!
We welcome your interest in joining the Ferguslea Properties and Accora Village family.
People Focused. Results Driven. Customer First.