Summer Student Landscaping Technician
Ferguslea Properties is the owner of Accora Village, Canada’s largest privately owned rental community. We are in the process of revitalizing our community that is comprised of over 2,400 homes, and over 8,000 residents to provide a best-in-class lifestyle for our customers.
Reporting to the Landscape Manager, the Summer Student is responsible forproviding ongoing maintenance to properties and grounds to the highest standards possible in a safe and efficient manner. This a full time temporary position, beginning July 3rdand ending on August 30thof 2019.
The Summer Student Landscaping Technician will bring the following:
- High School diploma
- Post-secondary degree in Landscape Horticulture or related field, as asset
- 2 years’ experience in similar role
- Exemplary verbal and written communications skills
- Knowledgeable in best practices and safety using movers, trimmers and blowers
- Proven ability to follow instructions with a strong attention to detail
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Ability to identify and troubleshoot plants, disease and pests, soils and growing mediums
- Understanding of horticulture practices including pruning and basic maintenance
Your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the requirements. We thank all those who apply. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
If you have a disability which requires an accommodation during any stage of our recruitment process, please let us know how we can assist you.
At Ferguslea Properties Ltd. and Accora Village, our people are our greatest asset.
Given our commitment to employee development, employees enjoy a long and satisfying career at Ferguslea Properties Ltd and Accora Village in an environment that values their contributions, rewards them properly, and is absolutely committed to their safety and wellbeing.
We have Great Perks • Health/ Wellness initiatives • Employee Assistance Program • Reimbursement • Community Involvement Activities • Employee of the Month awards • Training Opportunities • And More!
We welcome your interest in joining the Ferguslea Properties Ltd. and Accora Village family.