About Accora Village
Accora Village is a thriving rental community located in Ottawa’s west end. The community is 150 acres of tree lined streets, ideal for families, millennials and downsizers interested in an active and healthy lifestyle.
The village features stunning views of the Ottawa River, with easy access to bike paths, trails and parks. Residents enjoy the community’s close proximity to the Bayshore Shopping Centre, OC Transpo transit station, 416 & 417 highways, NDHQ Carling, Kanata Research Park and a future LRT station.
Founded by Minto Properties in the late 1960’s, Accora Village is now privately owned and operated by Ferguslea Properties Ltd. The community is home to over 8,000 residents and features 10 high-rise buildings, and 986 Townhomes, Garden Homes, and Executive Garden Homes.
At the heart of the community is the Accora Centre. The Accora Centre is an exclusive health and fitness facility for residents of Accora Village. Residents benefit from best-in-class programming and services that are tailored to supporting and promoting an active and healthy lifestyle. The Accora Centre features indoor and outdoor salt water pools, cardio room, weight room, gymnasium and a variety of programming for all ages.
Accora Village is an ideal place to live, explore and have fun in Ottawa.
We’re keeping it green in your community.
The Green Plan
We love our residents, our community, and the environment. Through our energy-saving initiatives, we want to create a sustainable present for our residents with a focus towards the fut
It is surprising to learn how much water is consumed on a regular basis in the average household. Our efforts in water conservation are one of the many steps we are taking towards building a more sustainable community.
Reducing our carbon footprint is a key objective of Accora Village. In order for us to continue to make our community greener, we monitor our waste output and identify opportunities in areas that can be improved.
- With sophisticated energy meters installed in all of our suites, we can collect and analyze utility consumption to further decrease our usage.
- Our buildings are being retrofitted with energy-efficient windows that reduce air leakage and increase resident comfort and happiness.
- We have replaced more than 20,000 light fixtures with energy-efficient bulbs.
- On six of our townhome blocks, we have installed solar panels, which will produce over 70,000 kwh/year of clean electricity!
- In 2013, we installed a cutting-edge Ground Source Heat Pump in Cobalt, which has led to an 80% reduction in natural gas emissions and allowed for air conditioning to be featured in all suites.
- We’ve replaced existing fixtures with water-saving models, including low-flow faucets, showerheads, and toilets.
- All of our existing front-end load containers will be replaced with Earth Bins, keeping animals out and odors in, while still looking great (for a garbage bin).
- Our apartment buildings now feature tri-sorters, instead of traditional garbage chutes, which enable our residents to properly sort their waste by paper, plastic, and garbage. This has allowed our community to divert nearly 50% of our waste into recyclables.