March 25, 2020 COVID-19 Updates
March 25, 2020
At Accora Village, we value our residents, their health, and wellbeing.
We know you are concerned about the COVID-19 pandemic and any implications it might have on your life. Please know we are doing everything in our power to support you during these unprecedented times.
In an effort to assist you, we have compiled below important information about rent payments, government programs and assistance, and Accora Village service updates.
While you are expected to pay your rent on or before the first day of every month, we recognize that you may face unexpected financial difficulties over the coming period. As such, we have updated our processes as well as sought guidance from various levels of government as to how best to support our residents during this period of uncertainty.
First, Accora Village will be postponing all rent increases effective immediately. If you have a rent increase that was due to start on April 1 or later, we will be removing the increase from your rent charge until further notice.
Second, if you have concerns about an upcoming rent payment due to employment changes or a job loss, please email us at [email protected]illage.com or call 613-416-1529. A member of our team will contact you so we can work together to find a solution.
Last, please note rent can be paid via RENTCafé, Pre-authorized payment, Online Banking, or Cheque (cheques may be delivered to the drop box outside the Leasing Office at the Accora Centre or the Cheque Box in the lobby of your building).
Government Programs and Assistance
The Government of Canada has recently announced a number of programs and funding for Canadians impacted by COVID-19.
Employment Insurance Sickness Benefits
- Provides up to 15 weeks of financial assistance if you cannot work for medical reasons. You could receive 55% of your earnings up to a maximum of $573 a week.
Emergency Care Benefit
- Provides up to $900 every two weeks for up to 15 weeks, to those affected by COVID-19
- Available to workers, including self-employed, who are quarantined or sick with COVID-19, those staying home to take care of a family member with COVID-19 who doesn’t qualify or parents staying home to care for children because of school closures.
- A one-time special payment in May of $400 for individuals and $600 for couples.
Canada Child Benefit
- An increase of $300 per child as part of their May payment.
More information and on how to apply for these benefits can be found at www.canada.ca
Accora Village Services
Digital Resident Communications
- Please ensure we have your up-to-date email address on file, so we can keep you posted of important updates in the coming weeks. Please email your details to [email protected].
Special Needs List
- Do you require special assistance or additional support from a member of the Accora Village team? Contact [email protected] to register.
- An important part of ensuring the safety and security of our residents is for our technicians to continue to complete all tasks within this program, which includes fire systems testing. We apologize for any disturbance this may cause.
- Please note our maintenance technicians, who are taking extra precautions, are on-call for essential service requests only. Service requests can be made via RENTCafé, 613-366-5020 or [email protected].
We remain committed to the safety and well-being of each of you and our wonderful community here at Accora Village. For more information on how to keep you and your family safe during this crisis, please refer to www.ottawapublichealth.ca.
As members of Accora Village, we are all in this together. We thank you for continuing to live at Accora Village. We wish you and your family the best during the coming weeks and months.
Should you have any other questions or concerns, please contact us at [email protected] or 613-416-1529. Thank you.
President, Ferguslea Properties Limited