To register for RENTCafé, please click here, select “Click here to Register” and follow the instructions.
If you experience any issues or require assistance registering for RENTCafé, please contact a Resident Experience Representative by emailing email@example.com or call 613-366-5020 (press 1, then 2).
To sign-up for online rent payments, register for RENTCafé here or add Accora Village as a payee using your online banking provider.
Each year you will receive a N1 Notice of Rent increase, these notices are sent 90 days prior to the effective start date of the increase and vary from resident to resident (depending on your lease anniversary date and building). On the notices, a total increase amount is listed in addition to details specifying if that rate is Guideline Increase or if it is above the Above Guideline Increase:
1. Guideline Increase: This represents the maximum allowable rent increase set by the Province of Ontario. For 2024, this amount is set at 2.5%.
2. Above Guideline Increase (AGI): An AGI may be applied in addition to the Guideline Increase, up to a maximum of 3% per year. All AGIs must receive approval from the Landlord Tenant Board (LTB) and can only be applied to cover incurred costs associated with specific categories, for example:
- Capital expenditure work deemed essential to a property’s integrity (renovations, repairs, replacements, or new additions to a building, its grounds or individual units);
- Extraordinary increases to municipal taxes; and/or
- Increased or new costs associated with Security services.
The N1 form identifies if the AGI has been approved or is currently in the approval process at the Landlord Tenant Board. If the increase has been approved, you are required to pay the amount indicated. However, if the AGI is still in application stage you will have two options:
- Option 1: Pay the full new rent amount as per effective date on the notice sent.
- Option 2: Pay only the 2.5% Guideline Increase and wait for approval of the Above Guideline Increase. Please note that if you choose to only pay the Guideline Increase amount, you may end up owing the portion of the increase, retroactive to your effective increase start date, once the order is formally issued. In order to arrange this option, you will need to email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once the Landlord Tenant Board schedule a hearing date for the application, affected residents will receive a copy of the application and the Notice of Hearing date.
You can learn more about the AGIs and the Landlord and Tenant Board processes at the links below:
Should you have any questions concerning this, please feel free to contact us at 613-366-5020 or email@example.com, we’re happy to discuss this with you.
Hours of Operation
Mon to Fri
8:30 am – 5:00 pm
Sat and Sun
8:30 am – 4:00 pm