Due to the recent increase in COVID-19 cases in Ottawa, we are making some changes to our procedures to continue to protect our residents and employees.
- As of today only essential service requests (i.e. heat, electrical, plumbing, water leaks, fridge/stove/washing machine repair, etc.) will be addressed by our maintenance staff and contractors.
- All other (non-essential) service requests will be entered into our system and addressed at a near-future date. Our maintenance team will contact you to schedule the work following a sustained reduction in regional COVID-19 cases.
- COVID-19 pre-screening calls will continue to come from our staff prior to our entering your unit for an essential repair, and team members will continue to use Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) while inside your home.
Our maintenance hours of operation moving forward are as follows:
Monday – Friday (8:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.)
Saturday and Sunday (8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.)
Common Area Sanitization
- We will be treating all apartment buildings and townhome common area high touch surfaces (all doors & handles, elevators, garbage chute rooms, stairwells, all lobby surfaces, etc.) with the anti-viral treatment GermGuard™. This anti-viral application lasts 6 months.
- We will also continue to disinfect all high-touch surfaces (door handles, elevator buttons, mailboxes, etc.) several times per day, and hand sanitizer will be available in all apartment building lobbies.
- Please remember that masks are mandatory in all building common areas, as required by the City of Ottawa’s by-law amendment effective September 16th, 2020.
- As of today, we will be reducing capacity within the weight rooms, as well as recreation, AquaFit, and fitness classes in an effort to continue to encourage social distancing.
- Access to showers and lockers will be on hold until further notice. For pool users, access to the changeroom will be made available post-swim for a quick change, however changerooms for individuals using the fitness rooms will be on hold until further notice.
- All programs and use of facilities (pool, gym, weight room) will continue to be booked by appointment only, with time in between for our Accora Village team to disinfect all high touch surfaces and equipment after use. We are utilizing an electrostatic sprayer to assist with the disinfecting and sanitizing of changing stalls, exercise equipment, and the gymnasium between each reservation block.
- Recreation classes are being moved outside where possible, and masks must be worn by both staff and residents alike. Please see our website for more details as they become available.
As a valued resident of Accora Village, we thank you for your understanding, and continued co-operation and for being a part of our community. We will get through this together!
Your Accora Village Management Team