April 7, 2020 Covid-19 Updates
At Accora Village, we value our residents, their health, and wellbeing. We are continuing to closely follow developments regarding coronavirus (COVID-19) through Ottawa Public Health and the Public Health Agency of Canada. We encourage you to monitor these sites to stay informed on COVID-19 updates, instructions and support mechanisms.
We are grateful to everyone in the community as we work together to navigate these unprecedented times. We will be communicating with you regularly with updates:
ACCORA VILLAGE UPDATES
Accora Centre – Closed
Resident Services Centre – Closed for walk-ins
- Essential service requests can be made via our website, RENTCafé, phone 613-366-5020, or by email [email protected].
Leasing Office – ONLY offering virtual tours via FaceTime or WhatsApp at this time.
- All leasing requests or leasing related inquiries should be sent via email [email protected], phone 613-366-5020 or through our website.
Best Practices for Apartment Living
- While you may be spending an unprecedented amount of time at home during this pandemic, we ask that you please be mindful of other residents and keep your noise to a reasonable volume.
- Please do not work in the building lobbies or common spaces and try to limit your time spent in the common area spaces to essential reasons only.
- Only two people in the elevators at one time, unless you are all from the same household.
- Take extra care not to flush bulky or sticky items down the toilet. Please do not flush disinfectant wipes or sanitary pads. They should be disposed of in the garbage.
- Only four people in shared laundry rooms at a time. Please remember to maintain 6 ft of physical distancing at all times.
Play Structures and Parks
- All play structures have been temporarily closed due to COVID-19. Bayshore Park, which is maintained by the City of Ottawa, is also temporarily closed. Please visit the City of Ottawa website for details and restrictions pertaining to the park.
- The basketball courts in Bayshore Park are completely off-limits at this time.
- The City of Ottawa will now be issuing fines for anyone who is found to not be in compliance with these new bylaws. We thank you for your cooperation.
- If you require an annual rent statement, please email us at [email protected].
- While you are expected to pay your rent on or before the first day of every month, we recognize that you may face unexpected financial difficulties over the coming period. As such, we have updated our processes as well as sought guidance from various levels of government as to how best to support our residents during this period of uncertainty.
- First, Accora Village will be postponing all rent increases effective immediately. If you have a rent increase that was due to start on April 1 or later, we will be deferring the increase from your rent charge until further notice.
- Second, if you have concerns about an upcoming rent payment due to employment changes or a job loss, please email us at [email protected] or call 613-416-1529. A member of our team will contact you so we can work together to find a solution.
- Please note rent can be paid via RENTCafé, Pre-authorized payment, Online Banking, or Cheque (cheques may be delivered to the drop box outside the Leasing Office at the Accora Centre or the Cheque Box in the lobby of your building).
- A reminder that we can also accept rent payments by credit card using RENTCafé, or even set-up by preauthorized payment. Typically, there is a 1.75% charge to you for using a credit card to pay rent, however Accora Village will pay this 1.75% charge for you until further notice to help you through this difficult time.
Can You Help?
Would you like to help a senior or immunocompromised individual in your community by picking up groceries or essential items, please email [email protected].
Show your Support for our Essential Workers
The City of Ottawa is encouraging all residents to show their support for essential workers every Wednesday from 6:30 – 6:45 pm. Use your voice, hands, noisemakers or pots and pans to make some noise as a show of support for those who are working on the frontlines!
At Accora Village, our first priority continues to be a safe, clean, and healthy living environment for our wonderful community.
As members of Accora Village, remember we are all in this together. We thank you for continuing to live at Accora Village.
Should you have any other questions or concerns, please contact us at [email protected] or 613-416-1529.
Accora Village Management Team